Dr. Rita Boggs, CEO of American Research and Testing Inc., founded the company in 1982.
- Cornell University – Postdoctoral Research Associate, 1973-1975
- University of Pennsylvania – Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, 1973
- Union College – M.S. Chemistry, 1967
- Notre Dame College of Staten Island – B.A. Chemistry (cum laude, 1959)
- 2008-present: CEO, American Research and Testing, Inc.
- 1982-2008: President, American Research and Testing, Inc.
- 1985-1987,1993-2008: Adjunct Professor, Chemistry – California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 1983-1985: Adjunct Professor, Chemistry – El Camino College, Torrance, Ca.
- 1979-1982: Assistant Vice President, California Division, United States Testing Co. -Director of Chemistry and Textiles Groups
- 1975-1979: Senior Research Chemist, Colgate Palmolive Research Center, Piscataway, N.J. – New Science (Basic Research) – Oral Research; Detergents
- 1977-1978: Adjunct Assistant Professor,Chemistry – Rutgers University,University College, New Brunswick,N.J.- Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Spectroscopy
- 1967-1969: Instructor – Notre Dame College, Staten Island, N.Y. – Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physics
- 1961-1967: Teacher – Notre Dame High School, Schenectady, N.Y.- Chemistry, Physics
Research Publications And Theses
- University of Pennsylvania – Ph.D Dissertation: “The Crystal and Molecular Structures of Some Biologically Important Molecules.”
- Union College – M.S. Thesis: “Rates of Deuterium Exchange from Deuterated M-Dichlorobenzene in Methanolic Sodium Methoxide.”
- “The Unit Cell and Space Group of L-Tyrosine, “Acta Cryst. (1971) B 27, 247.
- “Reversal of the Growth Stimulating Effect of Spermine by Its Copper (II) Chelate,” Abstracts of Papers of the 166th A.C.S. National Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- “The Molecular and Crystal Structure of Spermine Copper (II) Perchlorate,” Acta Cryst. (l975), B31, 320.
- “The Crystal and Molecular Structure of Trans 4a-Acetoxy-8a-Chloro-1, 4, 4a, 5, 8, 8a -Hexahydronaphthalene”, Acta Cryst. (1976), B32, 118.
- “Refinement of the Molecular Structure of Aureomycin”, Journal of Crystal and Molecular Structure (1978), 8, 35.
Honors, Awards, Workshops
- 1957 – Junior Class President
- 1958 – Student Body President
- 1959 – New York State Regents College Teaching Fellowship
- 1967 – Election to Sigma X
- 1968 – N.S.F. Summer Workshop, “Instrumental Methods of Analysis”, R.P.I., Troy, N.Y.
- 1969 – Teaching Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 1970 – 1973 Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 1975 – N.I.H. Postdoctoral Fellowship, M.I.T.
- 1977 – Marketing and Management Training, Colgate Palmolive Company (6 months)
- 1979 – Design and Analysis of Scientific Experiments, School of Management, M.I.T.
- 1992 – Recipient, Agnes Ann Green Distinguished Award, Southern California Section of the American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Chemical Society, Class of 2010
- E. Ann Nalley Western Region Award for Volunteer Service, 2013
American Chemical Society, member since 1968, emeritus since 2009
- Southern California Section ACS Councilor, 1993-2016
- Member, Local Section Activities Committee, 1994-1996
- Member, Task Force on councilor reimbursement policy, 1995, 1998
- Chair, Western Regional Councilors’ Caucus, 1997
- Member, Task Force for study of ACS Bylaw amendment (Bylaw X), 1997
- Elected Member, committee on Nominations and Elections, 1999-2004
- Elected Member, Council Policy Committee, 2004-2007
- Division Member, Small Chemical Business
- Division Member, Professional Relations
- Member, Membership Committee, 2010-present
Local Section Activities – Southern California Section ACS:
- Southern California Section, American Chemical Society, 1981- present
- Executive Committee 1980-present
- Chair, Employment Committee 1980-1987
- Co-Chair, Registration Committee of Pacific Area Conference (Western Regional ACS Meeting), 1983, 1989
- Chemistry Coordinating Committee Delegate, 1988-2004; (Chair 1997-1999)
- Program Committee Chair, 1989
- Chair, 1990
- Internal Affairs Committee Chair, 1991
- Chair, Tolman Award Committee, 1989, 1991, 1996
- Chair, Directory Committee, 1992
- Recipient, Agnes Ann Green Distinguished Service Awards, 1992
- Co-Chair, Exhibits, Pacific Area Conference (ACS Western Regional Meeting), 1993
- Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee, 1996
Kappa Gamma Pi
American Mensa Ltd
- Mentor, International Student in Chemistry, California State University, Long Beach, 1988
- Occasional Lecturer on Careers in Chemistry to Students, California State University, Los Angeles and Dominguez Hills, Loyola University, UC Santa Barbara, Pierce College, Cal Poly Pomona
- Member, Chemical Technology Advisory Committee, Los Angeles Trade Technical College, 1988-2008
- Member, Planning Commission, City of Carson CA., 2000 – 2006
- Member, Task Force on Water Company Merger, 1999
- Carson Representative for Water Company Merger Hearing at PUC, 1999
- Member, Concerned Residents of Carson
- Member, Mobile Home Rental Review Board, 2005-2015
- Member, Carson Coalition for Healthy Families, 2005-2015