Dr. Rita Boggs, CEO of American Research and Testing Inc., founded the company in 1982.
- Cornell University – Postdoctoral Research Associate, 1973-1975
- University of Pennsylvania – Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, 1973
- Union College – M.S. Chemistry, 1967
- Notre Dame College of Staten Island – B.A. Chemistry (cum laude, 1959)
- 2008-present: CEO, American Research and Testing, Inc.
- 1982-2008: President, American Research and Testing, Inc.
- 1985-1987,1993-2008: Adjunct Professor, Chemistry – California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 1983-1985: Adjunct Professor, Chemistry – El Camino College, Torrance, Ca.
- 1979-1982: Assistant Vice President, California Division, United States Testing Co. -Director of Chemistry and Textiles Groups
- 1975-1979: Senior Research Chemist, Colgate Palmolive Research Center, Piscataway, N.J. – New Science (Basic Research) – Oral Research; Detergents
- 1977-1978: Adjunct Assistant Professor,Chemistry – Rutgers University,University College, New Brunswick,N.J.- Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Spectroscopy
- 1967-1969: Instructor – Notre Dame College, Staten Island, N.Y. – Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physics
- 1961-1967: Teacher – Notre Dame High School, Schenectady, N.Y.- Chemistry, Physics
Research Publications And Theses
- University of Pennsylvania – Ph.D Dissertation: “The Crystal and Molecular Structures of Some Biologically Important Molecules.”
- Union College – M.S. Thesis: “Rates of Deuterium Exchange from Deuterated M-Dichlorobenzene in Methanolic Sodium Methoxide.”
- “The Unit Cell and Space Group of L-Tyrosine, “Acta Cryst. (1971) B 27, 247.
- “Reversal of the Growth Stimulating Effect of Spermine by Its Copper (II) Chelate,” Abstracts of Papers of the 166th A.C.S. National Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- “The Molecular and Crystal Structure of Spermine Copper (II) Perchlorate,” Acta Cryst. (l975), B31, 320.
- “The Crystal and Molecular Structure of Trans 4a-Acetoxy-8a-Chloro-1, 4, 4a, 5, 8, 8a -Hexahydronaphthalene”, Acta Cryst. (1976), B32, 118.
- “Refinement of the Molecular Structure of Aureomycin”, Journal of Crystal and Molecular Structure (1978), 8, 35.
Honors, Awards, Workshops
- 1957 – Junior Class President
- 1958 – Student Body President
- 1959 – New York State Regents College Teaching Fellowship
- 1967 – Election to Sigma X
- 1968 – N.S.F. Summer Workshop, “Instrumental Methods of Analysis”, R.P.I., Troy, N.Y.
- 1969 – Teaching Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 1970 – 1973 Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 1975 – N.I.H. Postdoctoral Fellowship, M.I.T.
- 1977 – Marketing and Management Training, Colgate Palmolive Company (6 months)
- 1979 – Design and Analysis of Scientific Experiments, School of Management, M.I.T.
- 1992 – Recipient, Agnes Ann Green Distinguished Award, Southern California Section of the American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Chemical Society, Class of 2010
- E. Ann Nalley Western Region Award for Volunteer Service, 2013
American Chemical Society, member since 1968, emeritus since 2009
- Southern California Section ACS Councilor, 1993-2016
- Member, Local Section Activities Committee, 1994-1996
- Member, Task Force on councilor reimbursement policy, 1995, 1998
- Chair, Western Regional Councilors’ Caucus, 1997
- Member, Task Force for study of ACS Bylaw amendment (Bylaw X), 1997
- Elected Member, committee on Nominations and Elections, 1999-2004
- Elected Member, Council Policy Committee, 2004-2007
- Division Member, Small Chemical Business
- Division Member, Professional Relations
- Member, Membership Committee, 2010-present
Local Section Activities – Southern California Section ACS:
- Southern California Section, American Chemical Society, 1981- present
- Executive Committee 1980-present
- Chair, Employment Committee 1980-1987
- Co-Chair, Registration Committee of Pacific Area Conference (Western Regional ACS Meeting), 1983, 1989
- Chemistry Coordinating Committee Delegate, 1988-2004; (Chair 1997-1999)
- Program Committee Chair, 1989
- Chair, 1990
- Internal Affairs Committee Chair, 1991
- Chair, Tolman Award Committee, 1989, 1991, 1996
- Chair, Directory Committee, 1992
- Recipient, Agnes Ann Green Distinguished Service Awards, 1992
- Co-Chair, Exhibits, Pacific Area Conference (ACS Western Regional Meeting), 1993
- Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee, 1996
Kappa Gamma Pi
American Mensa Ltd
- Mentor, International Student in Chemistry, California State University, Long Beach, 1988
- Occasional Lecturer on Careers in Chemistry to Students, California State University, Los Angeles and Dominguez Hills, Loyola University, UC Santa Barbara, Pierce College, Cal Poly Pomona
Member, Chemical Technology Advisory Committee, Los Angeles Trade Technical College, 1988-2008
- Member, Planning Commission, City of Carson CA., 2000 – 2006
- Member, Task Force on Water Company Merger, 1999
- Carson Representative for Water Company Merger Hearing at PUC, 1999
- Member, Concerned Residents of Carson
- Member, Mobile Home Rental Review Board, 2005-present
- Member, Carson Coalition for Healthy Families, 2005-present