About American Research and Testing Inc.
American Research and Testing Inc. is an independent laboratory of chemists, specializing in custom chemical analysis and problem solving, with Unparalleled Scientitific Expertise in:
- Contract Research
- Chemical Analysis of Formulations / Competitive Product Analysis / Deformulation
- Product Development and Formulation
- Product Failure Analysis / Chemical and Materials Identification
- Product Performance Evaluation / Comparison
- Legal - Expert Witness - Liability - Claims / Litigation Support
- Quality Assurance Testing to Military, Federal, or Commercial Specifications
- VOC Testing per AQMD Methods, ARB Method 310, and EPA Method 24
- MSDS / Material Safety Data Sheet Preparation
- Consulting / Literature Review / SOP Development and Preparation / Technical Training
Established in 1982, American Research and Testing Inc. is a fully equipped, independent testing laboratory capable of addressing multiple technical needs.
Projects range from quality control testing per private, commercial, or government specifications, to custom experimental design for product evaluation or analysis. Materials most frequently tested are plastics, paints, adhesives, coatings, rubber, woven and nonwoven fabrics, composites, solvents, consumer products, chemicals, waxes, and cleaners. Our capabilities are not limited to these examples.
The laboratory was founded by Dr. Rita Boggs. Dr. Boggs has a Ph.D. in physical chemistry from the University of Pennsylvania and nearly 50 years experience in chemistry. She currently serves as Councilor for the Southern California Section of the American Chemical Society.
The laboratory is managed by Ms. Barbara Belmont, M.S.. Ms. Belmont has a Professional Science Masters of Analytical Chemistry from Illinois Institute of Technology, and over 30 years experience in chemistry. She currently serves as Treasurer for the Southern California Section of the American Chemical Society.